Robert F Hepburn BSc MRICS FISVA
Our Service to you
As an Independent Surveyor we are just that – independent. We will provide you with a totally unbiased report tailored to your specific needs and concerns. This will provide detailed advice on the prospective property upon which you will be able to base your purchase decision. All of our pre-purchase reports are carried out in accordance with the RICS Home Survey Standard (1st Edition) November 2019.
- Our advice can be individually tailored to the needs of the client. We are always available to discuss your requirements and concerns.
- A verbal report on any significant issues is provided on the same day as the inspection. We aim to have the report ready to be sent out to you in 2-3 working days.
- We are always happy to arrange to meet you at the property to discuss our findings. Many of our clients find this is a useful and informative service which you will not find is available with surveyors employer by lenders and large corporate companies.
- We are always more than happy to discuss which type of survey is right for you and your property.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us without obligation on the numbers below.
The practice is owned and run by Robert F Hepburn BSc MRICS FISVA who has previously worked for a number of specialist residential private and commercial practices across the Kent, Sussex and South East London areas. He has wide and detailed experience of all ages and styles of property, especially advising on the special aspects of Period and Listed Buildings.
He has wide experience of advising clients purchasing properties as rental investments on a ‘buy to let’ basis particularly to maximise potential rental income and the properties appeal to potential tenants.
We are regulated by the RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) and also Fellows of the ISVA (Independent Surveyors & Valuers Association). You can therefore be assured that we will always put your interests first. We act for you alone and not for your lender or the estate agent.
Why do I need a Survey?
Buying a property is likely to be your largest financial investment and in the present market it is important to have professional advice so that you can reach an informed decision proposed property purchase. You can minimise the risk of hidden defects and subsequent repair costs before you are legally committed to the purchase by instructing Hepburn & Associates.
- We can advise you if the price is reasonable, taking into account the properties true condition.
- We can inform you about any significant defects that need further advice before making a decision.
Commissioning a survey from Hepburn & Associates is a simple and economical way to avoid costly surprises after you move in to the property. Renegotiation of the purchase price following the advice in the report often covers the cost of the survey.
Remember your lenders valuation is for their purposes – not for yours – it only advises the lender about the security of the loan. It does not advise you about the condition of the property and is based on an extremely brief inspection or even a simple desktop evaluation. You cannot legally rely on it.
Modern Estate Property
Suitable for both a HomeSurvey Report and a Building Survey Report
A Building Survey may be more suitable if the property is in poor condition or has been altered and extended, or if you are planning alterations and extensions.
Inter war Property
Suitable for a Building Survey and possibly a HomeSurvey report
A Building Survey would be recommended but a HomeSurvey Report would be possible if the property is in good condition without major alterations and extensions.
Period or Listed Buildings
A full Building Survey would be required to properly advise you concerning its condition and special requirements
A more detailed full Building Survey would be essential. A HomeSurvey report would not be considered suitable to adequately advise you.
How do I obtain further advice and a free quotation ?
Please use the enquiry form on the Contact Page or call us during office hours on 01622 833308. We are pleased to discuss your personal requirements and any concerns you have about the property, suggesting the most suitable report format to fully advise you on the condition of the property.
All surveys are carried out by Robert F Hepburn BSc MRICS FISVA a specialist independent Chartered Building Surveyor with over 40 years experience. We are strictly bound by the current byelaws and professional regulations of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.